Wednesday, June 18, 2008

304blogs.com briefs

Picture West Virginia has gone on hiatus. The moderator Bryan Stealey says: "This blog hasn’t quite worked out like I expected it to, so I’m going to put it on hiatus for a while. I have an idea for a version of PWV that might work out much better, and I’m going to be thinking about that for a while. In the meantime, feel free to stop by my personal blog at Reversing the Numbness."

Josie over at Create West Virginia asks What's the Fuss About Bilingual Signs?: "Buzz around Charleston regarding the recent signage in Spanish and English for FestivALL has brought about some interesting conversation. Some people are offended, others are saying 'it's about time' and many are apathetic."

The folks over at Fork You review Cafe Cimino in Sutton, WV. Susan says: "Who would have ever thought a place like Café Cimino could be found in the little town of Sutton, West Virginia? I had heard a lot of hype about this place and finally had an opportunity to dine there at the end of a day on the nearby Sutton Lake with friends."

For more great WV blogs and photostreams check out 304blogs.com.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

How is anyone offended by the spanish signs? Seriously?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I highly recommend Cafe Cimino. It is awesome that our state has neat places like Cafe in our quaint little towns.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Brendan said...

The signs project is apparently inspired by the fact that teachers label items similarly in their classrooms. Isn't it just a little offensive to treat the Charleston populace like schoolchildren?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I wouldnt classify it as offensive. I like that it breaks up the monotony. Whats so wrong with a little mischief?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Brendan said...

I welcomed the signs at first, but I can't help finding the attitude of the artist a little patronizing. Ever wonder if it's just a test to see how gullible we are for accepting stenciled signs as art?

11:11 AM  
Blogger wvapoker said...

thanks for the linkage. Dan of FY.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home