Friday, February 04, 2005

A different kind of Watergate papers

I watched All the Presidents Men the other night after the State of the Union. Many people my age say this moive was what got them interested in journalism. I just noticed on Metafilter that the  Woodward and Bernstein's Watergate Papers are now available online at the University of Texas web site (press release/about the collection). They also note Deep Throat is still not uncovered.

I think Deep Throat is Al Haig. John Dean said a few years ago  that he was going to name Deep Throat, but then he chickened out. I think he said he was going to do it in his column that runs on FindLaw. Maybe it was just a way of driving more traffic to FindLaw.

Of course University of Illinois students say they have already figured out who Deep Throat is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home