Sunday, January 16, 2005

Elkins woman questioned by Secret Service

Call brings agent to home of woman with anti-Bush signs

For months, Renee Jensen has stirred up controversy in Elkins by posting anti-war and anti-Bush administration signs on her front porch and in her front yard.

Last Tuesday afternoon, Secret Service agent James Lanham and State Trooper R.J. Boggs spent 90 minutes questioning Jensen in her home.

“They asked me a lot of questions,” Jensen said. “He [Lanham] told me they were investigating a call they had received. The person who called said I was running for city council, came knocking on their door and said I wanted to cut off President Bush’s head.

“I told Lanham it is true I am running for city council. But everything else the person said is untrue. I had not even begun door-to-door campaigning, and I would not tell anyone to cut anyone’s head off.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home