Sunday, February 06, 2005

Meme: If you were going to invite 10 bloggers for dinner, whom would you invite?

The goal of this exercise is to identify nine other bloggers that you would like to meet for dinner/drinks. The only caveat is that these bloggers must be strangers, you haven't met them before. State the blogger's name, a link to the blog, and why you would like him/her to be in attendance.

Taken from the J-Walk Blog.

In no particular order:
Lawrence Lessig - Lessig is at the front of copyright reform. The author of many books on the subject, he has also appear before the United States Supreme Court to argue against our current opt out system. Lessig clerked for Justice Antonin Scalia. Lessig is an interesting guy and I'm sure he would be a great dinner guest.

Doc Searls - Doc is an old-time PR guy who told us all to get on the Cluetrain. Doc is a deep thinker. He blogs about blogging, which I'm sure gets old sometimes. Doc watched the Dean campaign unfolder on the internet and has some interesting insights. Doc also wites from of my favorite monthly publications, Linux Journal, althought Doc seems to be more of a Mac head now-a-days, he hasn't given up on Linux just yet.

danah boyd - danah studies social technologies like Friendster, blogs, instant messaging, and cell phones. I've read most of her papers and I find her work fascinating. She has an LiveJournal account, but I don't recall her username. She also a Mac user and seems like she would be a fun person to hang out with.

Xeni Jardin - Xeni writes for one of my favorite blogs, Boing Boing, as well as reporting for Wired and NPR. She is also the online producer of http://www.kevinsites.net/, among other things. We would need Xeni to bring her insights into  popular culture and technology to the dinner table.

Wil Wheaton - No dinner would be complete without all around good guy and alpha geek Wil Wheaton. I hear he has a funny story about William Shatner. I like to hear his take on working on GTA: San Andreas, behind the scenes dirt about Tech TV and his stint on G4, and of course all things Trek.

Leo Laporte - He seem like a really nice guy. He has doing tech related radio and TV shows for years. Leo left TechTV when it was purchased by G4. He can still be seen on Call For Help on TechTV Canada, and he still has a radio show out on the left coast. I'd would like much more to hear Leo on Sat. mornings than Kim Komando. Digital Goddess my arse.

Ana Marie Cox, AKA Wonkette - She hot. She funny. That about says it all.

Dan Gillmor - Former big J journalist, now working on defining and promoting grassroots journalism. The whole bloggers as journalist thing interests me, becuase I was educated trained to be a journalist, and I want to think that I haven't wasted all my education.

Cory Doctorow - Another Boing Boing contributer, Cory  is a science fiction author and European Affairs Coordinator for the Electronic Frontier Foundation. His newest novel, Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town, due out in May is about novel about urban wireless mesh network guerrillas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home