Saturday, February 05, 2005

Macs, Macs everywhere

The number of iPods on the street and iBooks in the Taylor Books cafe is eye-popping. It appears every high school and college-aged person in this town got an iPod for Christmas. I was engaged in a nice conversation with a young lady in Taylor Books this afternoon about the virtues of iPod and iBook ownership. She said she has a Mac Mini on order as well.

A couple of weeks ago I was there with my attorney friend Brian when some young dude turned on his PowerBook. The chime make me whirl in surprise. He looked at me like I was crazy. I had to expain I wasn't used to hearing Macs start in public and was wondering if I was hearing things.

Looks like I'm going to get a new iBook with my tax refund. Blair gets the one I have now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home