Thursday, July 03, 2008

Central City Cafe Follow-Up

The Central City Cafe has seen an increase in customers after being featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Drives.
The comfortable eatery is expanding its business - now selling to customers trekking to town just to eat there - all because of a short clip that aired on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" earlier this month.

Luther said he owes thanks to another local eatery - Hillbilly Hotdogs.

"(The Food Network crew) was here filming Hillbilly Hotdogs and Rocco's and the truck stop in Olive Hill, Ky., and they asked the people at Hillbilly Hotdogs where they could film another place in the area and they sent them down here, so we're very thankful for that," Luther said.

The clip originally aired on the Food Network on June 15, and Luther said he's seen a bit of a change in the amount of customers he's had.

"We've had a small increase in the number of people coming," Luther said. "I'm excited about the phone calls I get...I've gotten calls from St. Louis, Denver - you name it. People just say they're going to be in the area and they want to stop by and they want to know my menu. I don't have fax machines or anything like that so I try to explain to them over the phone what we have here. It's exciting to know that people 2000 miles away are thinking about you."

I wonder how long it will before we see the Rocco's footage?

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I love the meatloaf sandwich at Central City Cafe! Yummm.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home