Saturday, June 28, 2008

There is nothing like a Monty's pizza

I thought my favorite pizza place from college, Monty's Pizza, had closed. According to the Herald-Dispatch Monty's is alive and well and has expanded to several locations. Monty's servers New York-style pizza unlike any other I've ever had in West Virginia. Take my advice and order a large bag of another West Virginia favorite, Mister Bee's Potato Chips to go along with your large Monty's pizza.

A home-sick Billy Crystal, who came to Marshall on a baseball scholarship but left after a year because the program was suspended, is said to have spent most of his free time at Monty's. He said their pizza reminded him of home.

3 Comments:

Blogger MsJamie said...

Wow, I would LOVE to have a Monty's pizza!! I haven't had one since the mid-80's!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Christopher Scott Jones said...

Give me Husson's any day.

For you Charelston folk, though, there is a Monty's in Teays Valley now.

2:26 PM  
Blogger oncee said...

I have had a pizza from Monty's since the 80s. Maybe it's nostalgia more than anything else.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home