Saturday, May 10, 2008

A visit to Hillbilly Hotdogs

We visited Hillbilly Hotdogs today at their original Lesage location.

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Thanks to the recent visit by the Food Network, the lines are long.

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Oncee was here.

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

People risk life and limb and park across Rt. 2.

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Parking was a mess. The place has a very small parking lot.

According to the website, you can know own your own franchise.

The hotdogs were ok. The sauce was a little spicy, and the slaw was a little too creamy for my taste. The whole dog had a salty taste to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Keeling said...

Nice. I'll have to admit I've never had a Hillbilly Hotdog. Passed by their Huntington location during the Appalachian Studies Conference, and will have to go soon. Bill, surely Charleston is ready for a franchise. There's an entrepreneurial opportunity for you!

10:27 PM  
Blogger oncee said...

Jason,
While I like the idea of being my own boss, I don't think I would enjoy selling hotdogs for living.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Christopher Scott Jones said...

You can still get a pretty good vibe and a great dog at the downtown Huntington location without the wait.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home