Thursday, April 27, 2006

The state of broadband in West Virginia

Broadband internet connections have been around for a while. Cable TV operators have been offering fast connections since the late 1990s. When you say cable TV operators here in West Virginia, you mean Charter.

Charter first offered broadband in Huntington in 1998 or 1999 as I recall. Broadband followed me to Charleston in 2000. I got a broadband connection for the first time in 2000. At first I was a beta tester. It didn't work well at all at first. Now I'm not sure how I ever lived with without it.

The Charleston Gazette reports today that broadband availability up 40 percent in West Virginia in 2005 but the state still behind rest of nation. Even small towns like my home town of Richwood now has DSL access, but gaps remains.

Technorati Tags:
, ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home