Thursday, April 27, 2006

WB gets petty about "We are...Marshall" pictures

Last Friday and Saturday Rick Lee posted pictures from the last day of production of the "We are...Marshall" movie in Huntington. This morning I ran into Rick in Taylor Books, and he told me that Warner Brothers has requested he take them down.
Warner Brothers has requested that I take down the production stills from "We Are Marshall". For reasons I won't go into here, I have decided to comply with this request for the time being. I'm sorry if you didn't get to see them. Perhaps I can have some of the back up at a later time.

I find this outrageous. Why goes the Huntington Herald-Dispatch and other publications a pass to run basically the same photos?

This is poor public relations. Looks like I need to send Ernie Malik, publicist for the "We Are Marshall" movie, a copy of the Cluetrain Manifesto. At the very least he should be reading Doc Searls. Markets are conversations Ernie.

Thanks to the magic of Google cache, Rick's removed posts including pictures can be found here. Scroll down to see the pictures.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Rick Lee said...

I let a couple of months pass and I put the photos back up.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home