Tuesday, March 08, 2005

What is happening to personal expression in this country? Part 2

Technorati and the evolving corporate conversation

Niall Kennedy has now posted an apology.
I have since realized the imagery was in bad taste, especially to the organizations involved. I used the logos of other corporations I felt represented the printing press at the fingertips of the masses and associated those companies with an image of a dying American soldier, a rifle butt, and barbed wire. It is not the type of image I would want associated with my business. I apologize to the companies and open source projects pictured. I see you as leaders in the space and empowering the conversations I love to see happen. At some point in my blogging history I have used every piece of software pictured.

I failed to comprehend the effects of my actions on Technorati. I have always operated under the assumption that until I reach executive status at any company I work for I remain an individual voice and do not represent the organization. Just as weblogs and corporate transparency changed the world we love to interact with daily, it has also changed the way we see corporations. We establish relationships with companies through their engaged employees for better or for worse. The voice and actions of individuals become associated with the companies and organizations of their employ.

Sounds like he has been spanked and he's very sorry. No one should be forced to issue an apology for statements not related to work, outside of work.

I posted about this earlier this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home