Monday, September 04, 2006

It's the 1980s all over again

Saturday's WVU vs. MU game reminded me of being a Marshall fan in the 80s. It was some really dark times for a small program that was barely saved after a plane crash that could have crushed the program forever. It had been rebuilding for twenty years and had never really gotten anywhere.

The 90s was a wonderful time for Marshall football. A new stadium had been built, and fans left the small confines of Fairfield Stadium for what felt like the big time. I think it would have been wonderful to play WVU back then, and in fact Marshall did in a very good game in 1997.

In good news, the Associated Press only one couch was reported burned in Morgantown on Saturday. (Warning. This link might rot).

Technorati Tags:
, , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Only one couch? I'm disappointed. *g*

12:51 PM  
Blogger The Film Geek said...

Funny Prindle Field story, at least to me. Got so drunk at half-time of a MU game that I passed out. Woke up (became coherent, I should say) about 2am in Ward's Donut shop, eating chili with some guy I didn't know.

That isn't so funny now that I think if it. It's sorta sad...

7:34 PM  
Blogger oncee said...

Yeah. That sound like my memories of Marshall games. I mostly only made it to Prindle field. I really miss that place.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home