Monday, January 02, 2006

More on Web 2.0

Now that the great Bloglines outage of 2006 is over, I can get on with my life. I have to confess I used Windows Live to check on some of my feed during the outage. Windows Live is a great way to keep track of sites like Digg, Slashdot, and TailRank. It's getting harder to keep up with all those cool new Web 2.0 sites. I have a new account on TailRank.
I use Bloglines to read blog feeds. Site feeds tend to clutter things up a bit.


As far as Web 2.0 applications, I using Flock more and more. I can't wait for the final release. It's a developer preview release for now, but Flock 0.5 is stable for use. The more I use it the more I like it. The UK mag .net has a great review of what Flock is and what Flock does.

Michael Arrington has a great round-up of the best Web 2.0 projects over at TechCrunch. I really don't think I could live with Bloglines. I already like Digg better than Slashdot. We'll see which Web 2.0 project holds my attention in the new year.

Update: I couldn't post the above post with Flock. The blog tool wrote some "dirty html" that Blogger didn't like. I had to go back and cut and past the post to Firefox then edit the html by hand. While a WYSWYG blog posting is great, I'd really like to have more control over the html. I like to write my own tags anyway. The biggest thing I lost by not being able to post via Flock was easy Technorati tags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home