Sunday, August 28, 2005

Oil surges above $70 a barrel

Oil surges over $70 as Katrina churns through Gulf
SYDNEY (Reuters) - U.S. oil prices surged to a record above $70 a barrel on Monday as one of the country's biggest storms tore through the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, forcing oil producers and refiners to shut down operations.

U.S. crude oil futures soared nearly $5 a barrel in opening trade to touch a fresh peak of $70.80 a barrel, surpassing last week's $68 high to the highest price since the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) began trading contracts in 1983.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Pick said...

I didn't notice a "contact me," "email me" or any such link on your blog, or I may have just missed it. How is it that one can get hold of you?

Tom Pick
WebMarketCentral.com
http://webmarketcentral.blogspot.com

3:23 PM  
Blogger oncee said...

Hi Tom,

You can email me at oncee-at-hotmail.com

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home